"Is this not the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to the let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the name, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, "Here I am." Isaiah 58: 6-9
As we watch the events of our world over the last number of weeks, it is a wake up call to every Christian to become engaged in the spiritual war that we are in right now. We look at this virus that has shut down our world, country and city and the impact that it has made on our lives. Then we see the senseless murder of Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd this week, it breaks our hearts to see the condition of man. Then we look at cities across America being torn apart by hatred, violence and destruction.
What can we do? We need to as Christians - pray and fast according to God's Way! The purpose of prayer and fasting is to connect with God's plan and purposes. Why pray and fast?
Because we cannot fix our problems until God changes our hearts and the hearts of our families, city and nation! That is why we pray for revival!
What needs to change in America, New York City and our lives? What should we be praying and fasting for?
* To loose the bonds of wickedness. What we have seen is the wickedness that is the hearts of man. Only Jesus can change the hearts of wickedness that is in each of us. "The heart is wickedly deceitful." Lord change our hearts and the hearts of people across our nation and world.
* To undo the straps of the yoke. We need to pray that the Lord will undo the things that bind up people and keep them bound, addicted, fearful, angry and the injustices of our world.
* To let the oppressed go free. People need freedom and real freedom can only come in Jesus Christ! "He that the Son sets free, is free indeed.
* To break every yoke. Jesus breaks the power of every sin, and thing that needs to be broken over our lives. Jesus break the power of the enemy in our lives, our city, and our country.
* To allow the church to arise and be agents of love, compassion, hope and being a light in a dark place. Help us to reach people that are in desperate need, by meeting the needs that people have today.
* To start our ministry at home and taking care of our own families. That the Lord will help us to be the parents and grandparents that you want us to be to our children and grandchildren. To restore marriages and families!
When we pray and fast and obey God and His Word then we will see: We will be the light of the world! We will see healing in every way come into our lives, and we will live righteous lives in an unrighteous world. The glory of the Lord will be around us.
How does this happen? "Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, "Here am I."
What is our responsibility and opportunity? To pray and fast according to God's purpose and plan!
Will you join with many of our prayer team to pray and fast for 21 Days for God to change our lives, families, city and our nation? "Will you not revive us again that we may rejoice in You?"