"For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered forever, He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord. HIs heart is steady; he will not be afraid, until he looks in triumph on his adversaries. He has distributed freely; he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever; his horn is exalted in honor." Psalm 112: 6-9
How many people are looking for stability in life? How many of us are desiring security in the days that we are living? The Psalmist tells us in Psalm 112 - that when you know Jesus Christ you will not be unstable, insecure and moved by the events of this world.
We live in a world that is unstable, insecure and moved by this deadly virus, the economic shut down, the social distancing and unable to be with family and friends. But as a believer we do not have to be moved by the events of our world.
When we know Jesus we will not be moved! That means we are built on a strong foundation. Jesus talked about the need for stability in our lives. He gives us the story of two houses: One was built on the sand and one was built on the rock. The storms came to both houses, and the one built on the sand came crashing down. The house that was built on the rock (Jesus) stood unmoved in the storms of life. What house best represents our lives today?
* The righteous person will never be moved, because He belongs to God and our Heavenly Father will remember us! He knows us and cares for us.
* The righteous person is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm (Unmoved) trusting in the Lord. We are all going to get bad news in life. We are not exempt from bad news, but even in bad news we are not moved because we are trusting in the Lord. It is easy to say we are trusting in the Lord until we get the bad news. Today, we are going to trust in the Lord if we get good news or bad news! God is still God and He is trustworthy.
* The righteous person is steady and will not be afraid, even when the enemy is coming against us. We can stay steady because as a Christian, we know the battle is not ours but the Lords'.
* The righteous person is generous to God's kingdom and to others because God provides everything we need in life. We realize that God is our Provider!
* The righteous person is righteous because of Jesus Christ! We are able to be stable and unmoved because we know that we are walking in faith and obedience to Jesus!
Today, help me to not allow the events that happen around me to move me on the inside. Lord, you are my refuge and strength, a very present help in the time of need.