"Some wandered in desert waste places, finding no way to a city to dwell in; hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted within them. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He led them by a straight way till they reached a city to dwell in. Let them thank the Lord for HIs steadfast love, for His wondrous works to the children of man! For He satisfied the longing soul, and the hungry soul He fills with good things." Psalm 107: 4-8
Psalm 107 - is the song, testimony of the Christian, the person that has been Redeemed by Jesus Christ. This Psalm begins with "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good." Why not start your day with giving thanks to the Lord for He is good and is good to us.
In Psalm 107, we see different stories of what people go through, and how the Lord is good towards them. In our verses today - There are people that are wandering in desert places, lonely places, dry places, barren places trying to find their way out and are unable to do it. How many people are spiritually dry and barren during the last couple of months? How many of us have been like what we read in these verses:
* You cannot find your way out of the desert, (that empty and barren place) that you find yourself in right now. You are spiritually, emotionally hungry and thirsty and you have fainted on the inside. No one will survive if they stay in the desert and never get out of it. Are you in a desert right now and cannot seem to find a way out.
* "Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble." We need to cry out to the Lord for His help right now. We are stuck in a desert,(virus, shut down) and we cannot find a way out. But that is why we need to cry out to the Lord for His help! When you are in a desert long enough you will become desperate. If you are desperate try calling out to the Lord and not trying to fix things in your way.
* What does the Lord do? "He delivers them from their distress." Stress and distress will kill us spiritually, emotionally, physically, and we need the Lord to deliver us first on the inside. The Lord is our DELIVERER today!
* He led them. The Lord is our guide but we must follow Him out of the desert. "He led them by a straight way till they reached a city to dwell in." We know that the Lord's way is a narrow way, a straight way because He is leading us to Heaven. We must follow Him if we do not want to stay in the desert.
* He satisfies them. "He satisfies the longing soul." What are we desiring in our lives in this pandemic? What do we long, desire for in this life? Do we desire Him? Do we desire His Presence, His Peace, His Power, His Provision in our lives. God's Word tell us - "If we delight ourselves in Him, He will give us the desires of our heart."
* He fills them. "The hungry soul He fills with good things." What is the good things that we want Him to fill us with. Many times we think we want the things of the world, material things, comfort and this would make life good. In reality when He fills us with good things - He fills us with His Spirit. One of the names of the Holy Spirit is the Helper! If we are filled with HIs Spirit, His Helper, and desire His presence in our lives, then we know that He will give us good things. "Every good and perfect thing comes from the Father above."
Lord, help me to know that you are leading me through this desert, and I thank You that I do not have to wander, when I follow You!