"Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon His name; make known HIs deeds among the peoples. Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; tell of His wondrous works! Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually." Psalm 105: 1-5
How many are getting discouraged, anxious, fearful and worried about all that is going on with the length of this virus, shut down, stay at home orders, employment situation, and just that no one has an answer.
As a Christian we know that we should not be worried and anxious about anything but what are we to do? The Psalmist show us what is our part, and then God will do His part in giving us His Presence, His Peace, and His Provision.
* Give thanks to the Lord! When we begin to think and thank the Lord for all that He has done in our lives - it begins to relieve the stress and worry of life. "Give thanks in all situations for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
* Call upon His name! Just begin to call out to Jesus - that is what prayer is all about. Just start calling out the name of Jesus. Because there is power in His name!
* Begin to talk to family and friends about Jesus! When was the last time we talked to someone about Jesus. You are not only helping the other person that you are talking to, but you are doing yourself good. The Psalmist tells us - "Make known the deeds of the Lord known." Just start talking about Jesus, and stop talking about all the negative things that are going on around you and in you. It will change the whole attitude and atmosphere of your life.
* Sing to Him, sing praises to Him! Just begin to worship the Lord and open your mouth and begin to sing. This is active worship, which is so much more beneficial than just listening to others sing, and worship the Lord. We must engage in worship.
* Tell of His Wondrous Works! Again this is engage in witness and talking to others about the Lord. This is what ministry is all about, personal evangelism, encouraging someone else.
* Glory in His Name! Begin to spend time in His presence and in His presence is fullness of joy! Spend some time alone with the Lord and allow Him to minister to you.
* Rejoice! Begin to praise the Lord and celebrate His presence in your life today! No matter what you are going through right now - "Rejoice in the Lord and again I say rejoice."
* Seek the Lord! That means go after His presence, His peace and His provision! We will seek after the things that are important to us in life." Jesus said: "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these other things shall be added unto you."
Here is a Biblical plan to stop worrying and fretting even in a pandemic! What are we doing to our part, so that God can do His part in our lives?
Help me today, to do my part, so that I can allow God to do His part in my life!