"O Lord, You have searched me and known me!. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it." Psalm 139: 1-6
What a wonderful truth that God knows me better than I know myself. We think we know ourselves, but God knows the real me! We think we are transparent with others, but God knows the real me! We think we post the real us on social media, but God knows the real me!
How does that make us feel? That God knows the real me! He knows every detail of our lives! This should be encouraging to us because God knows me and still loves me. I sin and God still loves me! I mess up and God still loves me.
Today, just allow this truth so that we can become open, real and transparent with the Lord and with ourselves.
* The Lord has searched me! That means the Lord knows us and knows my good and bad! The Lord has searched me and knows my strengths and weaknesses and He still loves me and wants me as His child.
* The Lord knows me! Look at the detail that the Lord knows us. The Lord knows us better than we know ourselves, better than our family and friends know us. The Lord knows us better than anyone else, and He still loves us! That is amazing! The Lord knows when I sit down and when I get up.
"The Lord knows the number of hairs on my head." The Lord knows me before I was born! The Lord knows me! What a great God we serve that He knows me, and He wants me to know Him!
* The Lord is acquainted with all my ways! We are never alone, and on our own. The Lord sees every decision that I make and the direction that I go, even when I walk away from Him. Remember the Prodigal Son and how he walked away from the his father. When we walk away from the Father, it breaks His heart, but when we come to our senses, we can go home to the Father, and He will receive us and accept us.
* The Lord knows my heart and my tongue! Before we say a word, the Lord already knows it. Lord help me to ask you to search me heart and to know my thoughts. Lord, change my heart!
* The Lord lays His hand on me! This is not in a way of punishment, abuse, or a negative thing. When the Lord lays His hand on us, it is a hand of love, help, direction, guidance and hope. Lord, lay your hand on my life today!
I am thankful for this wonderful truth today! Lord, I ask you to search my heart and know me right now!