"By the waters of Babylon, there we sat down and wept, when we remembered Zion. On the willows there we hung our lyres. For there our captors required of us songs, and our tormentors, mirth, saying, "Sing us one of the songs of Zion!" How shall we sing the Lord's song in a foreign land? If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill! Let my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth, if I do not remember you, If I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy. Remember, O Lord...." Psalm 137: 1-7
When we are in the battle of life and it seems that we are losing, being defeated, being overcome by the enemy. It seems like we are losing and being defeated, but that does not make it true.
When our lives are in turmoil, unrest, overwhelmed we feel like the Psalmist: How many have over the last three months we sit down, and we break up, weep, and we have lost our song of praise, song of victory, song of worship and we gave it up because of the virus, shut down, isolation, sickness, financial strain and like the people of god, we no longer have a song of praise and worship in our lives.
Then the enemy attacks us - "Sing one of those worship songs now." The enemy ridicules us about where is the Lord now? People come against us and say things - "I thought you trusted in God?" Where is your Christianity now?
We see the answer from the Psalmist: Three times he uses the word "REMEMBER", in these verses. When we are overwhelmed and feel defeated we need to "REMEMBER."
* We need to remember that God is faithful! "Great is thy faithfulness, Lord to me." When you feel defeated, God is faithful!
* We need to remember that God is faithful to His Word! The Word is an anchor for the child of God, even when our feelings, emotions, try to get the best of us. We need to "Hide God's Word in our hearts, that we will not sin against Him." Today stop living by your feelings and live by the Word of God!"
* We need to remember that God is working for our good, even when we do not see anything happening right now. Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God is working together for the good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose.
* We need to remember that God is going to finish what He has started in our lives! "He that began a good work in you, will bring it to the day of completion."
* We need to remember that this world is not our final destination but we are only traveling to a place called Heaven! "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
* We need to remember that we have the Holy Spirit's Presence, Peace, Provision and Power in us right now. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
No matter what we faced yesterday, no matter what we face today or what is going to happen tomorrow. Lord, I pray that I remember that You are with me, and that I will trust in You! Lord, help me to remember that You are in control and will provide a way out for me!
Connecting with you,