"Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord! I have fled to you for refuge. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve me life! In your righteousness bring my should out of trouble." Psalm 143: 9-11
When we are in a dark place in life and we feel crushed by the enemy, life, circumstances that we are going through, we need to know how to respond to the attacks.
David teaches us how we should respond:
* David prayed for the Lord to deliver me from my enemies. David did not take things into his own hands, but prayed for the Lord to show him the right way to respond when we are being crushed. Remember David would not touch Saul when he had the opportunity to kill him. When we are under attack from the enemy, the first thing we need to do is pray and not respond in the flesh.
* David ran to the One that could help him when he was under attack. "I have fled to the Lord because You are my refuge." Refuge was the place you would run to for safety. Our safety, refuge is in the Lord. When you are under attack, you need to know where to run. Jesus is our refuge and strength a very present help in the time of need or attack.
* David asks the Lord for wisdom in the dark times of life. "Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God." When we are discouraged and feel defeated, this is the time we need to ask the Lord for His will. This is not the time for us to do our will, because our feelings, emotions and thinking is not centered on the right things. We need to pray - "Lord not our will be done, but Your will be done in my life as it is in heaven."
* David says - "I need Your Spirit to lead me on level on Ground." We need the presence, peace and power of the Holy Spirit to lead us through this journey of life. David prays lead me on level ground! How many of us need to be on the level ground. When you walk with the Holy Spirit you will not be so up and down, highs and lows, but Lord lead me on level ground.
* David prays - "Lord preserve my life....In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble." David realizes that our souls are the important thing. Lord bring my soul out of trouble. We need a healthy soul, spirit in our lives to be able to deal with the issues of life!
Lord, I pray this for myself today! Lord help me to respond how David prayed here in Psalm 143! We may be in a dark time, but the Lord is with us right now, and He will lead us through this dark season. Lord bring us out of our trouble!
In His love,
On Sunday, June 21st from 6-7 we will be meeting in front of the church for prayer. I know it is Father's Day and you may be honoring your dad and being with family.
So for those who desire to come and pray, we will be here!